Wednesday, April 02, 2008

DMBLGIT winners announced!

It has been great fun hosting last month's DMBLGIT contest. There were 107 photos submitted. Thank you all for your participation! It was great getting to know more of you through your photos and blogs.

I had fun coordinating efforts with our five judges:
Thank you all very much for all of your time and effort!

Now, without further ado, I announce the winners:

In third place, we have a tie:

Peter from Souvlaki for the soul with Sponge cake with passion fruit curd and whipped cream. . .

. . .and Arfi from HomeMadeS with All about peas

2nd place: Piggy from Piggy’s cooking journal with Buttermilk chocolate chip crumb cake

And in first place: Helen from Tartelette with Salade de fruits

In the individual categories:

Aesthetics: Cenk from Café Fernando with Homemade granola

Edibility: Rachel from RKhooks with Blueberry pancakes R khooks stylee

Originality: Bea from La tartine gourmande with Bicolor soup: green pea and potato

As you know, as host, I have the ability to award a few of my own. I'm giving out two host awards:

One to Andrew from Spittoon extra with Apricot and Fig frangipane tart

and last, but not least, one to: Meeta from What's for lunch, honey? with Tropical fruit salad

Congratulations everyone!!!!

This month's host is Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy. Have fun Sara!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award! I am honored!!!! And many thanks for hosting this month's event.

Anonymous said...

Gratz to all, the standard is amazing. I'm new to the foodie blogging and simply can't wait to get involved in one of the competitions over the next few months. Fantastic inspiration ^_^

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Sabra! Thank you so much it's such an honor and a special kind of pleasure when the host picks a winner. Much appreciated. I also congrats all the other winners . nice to see a few friends here ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sabra...I'm so thrilled...and congratulations to the winners as well.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful choices! Thanks for hosting this month. Congrats to all the winners. Much talent!

Rachael Narins said...

Lovely choices, so stunning and beautiful!

That is a lot of work, so kudos to all!

Helene said...

Oh wow! I am so thrilled to be among so many beautiful pictures! All I could say was "wow, those are gorgeous!" Congratulations to the winners! Thank you to the judges, this is one of the best ways to start the day!

Unknown said...

You know what? Your email was in my spam box, just as well I didn't delete them all on one click! Or else, I will miss this! S, thanks so much. Thanks for all the judges. I'm honoured.

ab

Anonymous said...

i'm so in awe of the stunning styling and photography. will one of the illustrious winners take me on as an apprentice?

Piggy said...

Thanks for the award! I'm flattered! :-)

Thanks for your effort in hosting the event too, great job!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

congratulations to all the winners. Fantastic job!

La Tartine Gourmande said...

Great panel of people and delicious photographs. Thanks for hosting and to the judges, and for the honor.

Anonymous said...

Inspiring to see what everyone's cooking up. I see Spring as a theme...

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Yes, great picks! Thanks for the hand-off, Sabra!

Andrew said...

The competition is certainly hotting up - the judges have certainly picked the very best as winners; a grand job.

Many thanks for hosting and hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

All those photo's are so inspiring. There are some amazing food photographers out there. Beautiful everyone!

Sabra said...

You guys did a great job, congratulations again! I'm looking forward to this month's competition.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully one day i can win :)

In the meantime, I am enjoying the works of many people :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment. I love, love reading your comments - they motivate and inspire me. Typically I try to come back and respond to your comment. Forgive me if occasionally I don't. Thanks for dropping by! (p.s. please don't leave marketing messages here)